….. Vishal Narayan
CPQ generally deals with the Product configuration. Now to configure any product you need information regarding its
- Geometry – size, shape
- Installation condition
- How it will transported
- What is operating condition
- What are design parameters
- What is installation and operating cost
- What is overheads (burden rate)
- What is labour rate…. so on and so forth….
Now multiple these parameters with the a typical engineering company’s product line… now you are getting into the huge data .
Now take the scenario where all this data needs to be filtered in say about 30mins and produced to customer.
So now enters the concept of big data. the idea is to have the big data technology for data filtration and perform additional analysis.